Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Greek Student's 23rd Psalm

Going thru some drawers and envelopes that have not been opened in years, I found a browning 3x5 file card that brought back lots of memories.  For those of you who had "Pappy" Hardt for Greek during Prima, I'm sure this will bring back memories for you, too. 
I don't remember who composed this psalm; if any of you remember, let me know.
Here's the psalm...



1.   Pappy is my Greek prof; I shall not pass.
2.   He leadeth me to confusion.
3.   He guideth me in a straight path for my grade’s sake.
4.   Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of knowledge,
            I learn not, for I am dumb.
      my notebook and pen accompany me wherever I go.
5.   He maketh me to show my ignorance before my classmates.
      He anointeth my head with fine examples.  My pen runneth dry.
6.   Surely, Metzger and Kaegi shall follow me all the days of my life,
      and I will dwell in Prima forever.
 (With fond memories of Dr C August Hardt – “Pappy” – Concordia Milwaukee / Prima – 1958-1959)

No comments:

Post a Comment